The foundation for creating superior stamping dies begins with the development of a tool that is designed to produce parts with maximum productivity. Our team of design & engineering professionals is highly proficient craftsmen that have been trained in advanced techniques to create the best tool designs for our customer’s application.
To enhance the skills of our design & engineering team we have incorporated the latest in Solid Edge and Logo Press software to assist in the development, modeling, and layout process to ensure the forming simulations will be achievable in the die as designed.
Our design & engineering software is driven by latest technology water cooled computers allowing them to process more data at higher speeds than conventional systems permit.
No die design would be complete without the inclusion of input from our valued customers. Customer contribution is key in all phases of the tooling process from concept to strip layout to first piece production.
Our experienced design staff can assist with reverse engineering on parts for projects where you may have a sample and no drawing or poor drawings to work from. The software utilized in our quality lab allows for us to create a drawing by performing a detailed scan which can be converted to a fully dimensioned model.
In purchasing a typical tool design package from Ranly Design a customer will receive:
- Part progression drawing showing preliminary dimensions for each station
- Individual forming station layouts showing operator setup dimensions
- 3D models & drawings produce using the most current version of Siemens Solid Edge solid modeling software
- Forming loads and insert press fits all calculated using custom software
- Individual tool drawings crated in 8-1/2″ x 11″ format for an easy filing tool list
- Have any tool shop manufacture your tools or Ranly Design can provide/recommend a supplier
- Tool numbering system provided if none furnished by the customer
- Update of any tool drawings changed at end of part development
- Ongoing drawing changes available at additional charge
- Ranly Design drawing files provided upon completion of part development.
Choices include: AutoCAD DWG, PDF, IGES, and STEP format
- Part development support provision offered on-site; telephone assistance is available for a fee until the part development phase has been completed
Each design backed by decades of tool design, tool manufacturing and part development knowledge
Years Design Experience